Thursday, January 13, 2011

omaha

So. one of my new years resolutions is to write more, and I think that includes this blog. I want to blog more. whatever that means. I'm also hoping to resume my 365 day picture project (i've kind of already started) so yeah. My iphone makes the picture project easier, also because I love the way things look in the hipstamatic app. I'm such a hipster faker, but I'm ok with it. I like the way the pictures come out. I can't believe the quality either, it's crazy.

I am currently working at The Rose Theater Omaha, Nebraska. I'm working on a production called "There's An Alligator Under My Bed" Based on books by Mercer Mayer. You may have read it as a child (or a teacher) . We are currently in rehearsals and they are going really well. We go into tech next week.

I've also been taking Bikram Yoga classes while stationed here in Omaha. It's been really nice. Hot hot hot yoga done (theoretically) in the same way no matter where you are or what studio you go to. It's a yoga style that was designed to cleanse the modern person. It's a little choppy in terms of the flow of the poses, but man is it challenging. The studio we're going to is great. I really enjoy the teachers and how welcome they've made me and my co-worker feel. I've had a negative experience with Bikram in the past. I'm not very flexible, so the last time I went (different city, different studio) the teacher just discounted me as a participant, which is totally unfair. Yoga is about doing the best for yourself, not being the best; at least in my opinion.

Well. That's my first tour update. Hopefully more to come. Today our director is doing what he calls 'drama club' - where he brings in drinks and food for the whole cast from starbucks. Seeing as I gave up coffee when I came to Omaha, I have been desperate for that aromatic goodness for 2 weeks. Don't worry I got decaf, but you have no idea how excited I am for a pumpkin spice latte and even a scone! I feel very spoiled.

Hope you are all well.


No comments: