Monday, May 7, 2012

Hello internet world. At this point I bet most of you have stopped readin my blog bc I update it so inconsistently. In my defense this month was not really my fault. For more or less the whole month of April I was out I'd my home site doing a training and then spring camp. Spring camp was a lot of work and didn't provide a lot of time for internets. Then when I finally got home m Internet provider the evil maroc telecom wasn't working and noe they're charging not by minutes but by bandwidth. This change takes something that already felt like an enormous waste of money and made it even more so. I'm going to start frequent ting the cyber more and I also might look inti the possibility of getting dsl but I'm not holding my breath on that one. Also I decided not to update my blog for awhile because I hit a slump starting at around the second week of march that I'm still working on getting out of. The slump was a compounding of a series of events. First I hurt my foot which sucked then my 6 month mark in country and my 26th birthday fell more or less on the same day. Talk about a whirlwind of looking bak in your life and wondering what exactly you've accomplished this far. Them after that was spring camp. As most of you know I love being involved in something that is organized and has great channels o communication... Spring camp was not that. So jumping into a void that I felt wholly unprepared for didn't help either. Hamdullah ( lucky for me) my camp ended up working out really great. The kids were rough sauce especially the second week but I had a great Moroccan staff, better food then I had anticipated and a beautiful location. I survived. That's all that matters It's getting to be hot here already. It hit 85 inside my house at the beginning of last week. I keep telling people that it doesn't get this nice (80s during the day 70s at night) until July or august in Maine. They laugh at me my host family has told me I'm going to die when it gets hotter. I would be lying to you if I said I wasn't nervous about this new relationship I will be having with heat. Anyways. Now that I'm back in site I'm just trying to continue teaching ( which is a challenge bc al the kids want to study for their tests so attendance is waaaaay down). So yeah. After being so long away it's all about finding a new routine as well as trying to stay off my foot for the time being. That's going to be my update for now. Maybe I'll get online again later this week and go more in depth. Thanks interwebs for all that you do. Also I apologize for the mistakes and mis-sprllings I typed this on my iPhone and I'm too lazy to go through and spell check.

4 comments:

sq said...

i just want you to know that i picked up a package from my parents and there was chocolate in it. YOU MISSED CHOCOLATE. i will save you some....in my belly.

MISS YOU ALREADY. YOUR BLOG IS GREAT!

nicole g. said...

Beautiful darling Michelle,

Slumps are normal. I'm sure PC mentioned that during your training (or at least I hope they did). Your experience will be a series of highs & lows. Hang in there through those lows, talk to us (those who love you, who support you, who want your smile on your face but understand that sometimes that's difficult) - we've got your back & will help you stick it out until you can ride those waves of highs again! I'd love to hear more about what Morocco considers to be "camp" & trust me when I say that I can't even imagine what KP will be like this summer without your colorful soul! Ohemgee.

Also - you're 26. Yes, but what HAVEN'T you accomplished with your life thus far?
Living in so many different, incredible places.
Loving so many interesting, beautiful people.
Teaching so many children about nature, jewelry, adventure, diversity, color!
Inspiring others every single day to get out of their comfort zone!
Trying new things!
Setting new goals!
Reaching them!

Damn, Michelle.
You are one heck of a live-r.
(live-r: a person who gets up every day & makes stuff happen! someone who gets up to LIVE!)

I love you.
Be strong, be patient.
Komera, Ihangane.

Xoxo,
Umunezero Nini Nicole

Unknown said...

I will just ditto Nicole. Beautifully said and amen sistah!

Unknown said...

that was me anonymous above, duh