Wednesday, March 16, 2011

ok people i need input on what tent to buy.

here's my minor criterion:
-not a coffin. ie- a 2 person tent something i can sit up in and change clothes in without wriggling around like in a back seat of a clown car.
- under 4lbs (ideally 3lbs or even 2lbs, but i know i'm pushing it with the size i want)
- FREE STANDING.
- a practical vestibule would be nice, that way i don't end up with a load of crap inside my sleeping area, but that's lower on the list.

this sounds dumb, but i want a tent i can both throw into the back of my (proverbial/non-existent) car and be comfortable in at a festival or a simple overnight, but something i'm not going to hate lugging around in my pack when i go hiking.

so. here's some of the tents i've been looking at.

sierra designs lighting






the only one i'm meh about is the black diamond mirage- mostly because of review.
i think my top contenders are the sd lightning and vapor light and then the seed house.

BUT those of you who know me well know that i'm terrible at making decisions on my own. so i'm sending the request out to all of you out there. help me pick out a tent?

No comments: